- Buying and/or selling potatoes on Potato Auction is available to registered users only. To become a registered user click on REGISTER NOW on the home page.
- This will bring up a form to complete. Fill in your email address and create a password. Click on Register.
- You will then see a message informing you that you will receive email instructions on how to activate your account.
- The auctioneer will send you an email requesting the full information he requires. This will include a copy of an acceptable ID, a copy of a bank account statement, your Chamber of Commerce number and your VAT number.
- Once this full information has been received, it will be checked and archived.
- The auctioneer will then release your account by sending an email to the address given with instructions on how to activate your account. Once you have activated your account, you will become a registered Potato Auction user and you can immediately start buying or selling potatoes
Placing a lot
- Click on 'Place lot' in the menu at the top of the home page.
- You must be logged in to place a lot. Once you have clicked on 'Place a lot', a log-in screen will appear. You will be required to fill in your email address and password and then click LOGIN.
- Alternatives: when opening the auction site you can immediately click on LOGIN on the home page, or click on the LOGIN button at the top right hand corner on all the other pages. In every instance you will be required to fill in your email address and password and click LOGIN. You are now logged in.
- Click on 'Create a lot'. A screen will appear. You will be required to complete various details regarding the lot, some of them mandatory, some optional, such as the duration of the auctionperiod in hours, the potato variety you wish to sell, the volume, minimum purchase quantity and the minimum lot price per kilo. Optional is to mention the asking price (Buy now) for which you would like to sell the lot immediately, so before closure of the auction run. Once you have completed the form, click on 'Save'. You can also place a photo of the lot. This is not mandatory however we advide you to do this to improve selling.
- An overview of the details you have filled in will appear. You can review these details and amend them as required. Ready? Click on 'Confirm'. Your lot is now placed!
Bidding for a lot
- Only logged in registered users can view the various lots and submit an offer. Click on 'Register' above for details on how you can register. Look at 'Placing a lot' to see how you log in.
- Go to 'Lots' to peruse the lots on offer. Is there something that grabs your attention and would you like to make an offer? Then first check to see if you need additional services. If so, please contact the auctioneer: click on 'Request to the auctioneer' and arrange the various services.
- On the right hand side, fill in your offer in the field below the minimum lot price per kilo set by the seller. You cannot make an offer below the minimum price.
- If there are more bidders, then each bid will raise the bidding by at least quarter of a euro cent.
- You can also select automatic bidding: all you need to do is fill in your maximum bid in the 'Auto bid' field. The program will automatically react to other bids by raising your bid a quarter of a cent extra until your maximum has been reached.
- In case a price is showed at the Buy now button, this will give you the possibilty, by confirming this price, to buy the lot immediately, so before closure of the auction run.
- If the winning bid is yours and the lot is allocated to you, then you will receive a pro forma invoice and the auctioneer will contact you to settle the details involved in the transaction.
The auctions cost (commission) amounts to 2% for seller (provider) and 2% for buyer of the transaction sum excl. VAT. For each a minimum amounts to EUR 125,- per transaction.